1. Contestants must compete in the age division they are the day of
the pageant, unless a contestant has a birthday and changes age divisions prior to the state pageant in June, then she moves
up. Contestants must submit a copy of their birth certificate.
2. It is mandatory that Teeny, Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen and Miss
Queens must represent Bacon at the Georgia Forestry Pageant in Tifton in June 2008.
in the Miss must reside in Bacon, Coffee, Jeff Davis, Appling, Atkinson, Pierce, Ware, Wayne,and Brantley.
4. Baby, Teeny, Tiny, Little, Junior and Teen contestants must be
a resident of Georgia.
5. May be sponsored by Family, Friends or Businesses at the local
6. The purpose of the
Local Forestry Pageant is to offer educational opportunities to young ladies and promote the Forestry Industry for that county.
You can hold any title, we don’t care how many titles you hold, and compete in the local Forestry Pageants, but if you
should be named queen of a local Forestry Pageant, you cannot promote or make appearances for any previous or current titles,
you must promote your county Forestry title only at all events. You can go back when it is time and relinquish your crown
for any previous titles that you held prior to competing in this local pageant, but all other appearances must be made a forestry
queen. If you should be named queen of a local Forestry pageant, you cannot compete in any pageant that will require you to
promote or make appearances for them until you are three months of giving up your local title. Local Forestry Queens will
promote and make appearances as Local Forestry Queens only! You can compete in other pageants as long as it is a pageant that
does not require an appearance or promotion. You must get permission from your local director before competing in another
pageant, if you are named a local Forestry Queen.
7. Local Pageants will be responsible for your entry fee to the State
Forestry Pageant. State Forestry dates are Teeny and Tiny, June 13, 2008, Little and Junior, June 14, 2008 and Teen
and Miss, June 21, 2008. Queens will be responsible for ads, optionals and so forth.
8. Must always act in a ladylike manner, dress appropriately for appearances,
and always wear crown and banner.
9. Must get permission from the Director before promoting the Forestry
in any event or before entering other pageants. Queens cannot wear the Forestry crown and banner to promote other pageants
after they give up their title. If caught doing so, The Georgia Forestry Pageant has the right to ask the queen to return
her crown and banner for her local pageant.
10. Will get scholarship money at the end of your reign provided you
have fulfilled your obligations to your local Forestry title. Scholarship and Savings Bond amounts vary by year. The amount of the Scholarships and Savings
Bonds depends on the donations from person/businesses throughout the year and with the participation of each individual queen
throughout the year. The Director of the Local Pageant that you win
is responsible for all scholarships and prizes. If for some reason the Directorship of your local pageant should change
prior to the end of your reign, the Director that crowned you will remain responsible for all your prizes and scholarships.
Neither the Georgia Forestry Pageant nor the newly elected Director will be responsible for the prizes and scholarships.
11. Miss Queen will be responsible for making contact with the director,
not other family members. We feel that this is part of your responsibility while wearing the crown.
12. Contestants must have never been married, ever pregnant or ever had
a baby. Queens cannot marry , become pregnant, or be convicted of a crime during their reign.
13. Queens agree to abide by all the rules and regulations set forth
by the Forestry Pageant Board now in affect or announced thereafter.
14. The pageant will be conducted under the rules set forth by the
Forestry Pageant Board and a contestant agrees that the time, manner and method of judging the pageant shall be solely within
the discretion of the Pageant Board and the judges decision are final.
15. No refunds unless the pageant should be canceled.
Entry fees must accompany the application.
16. The number of applications accepted in each age division will be limited
and accepted on a first come first serve basis.
17. The Deadline to enter the Miss Bacon County Forestry
Pageant is 2008 (to be announced). After 2008 (to be announced) there will be a $25 late fee charge, due to the
information being placed in the program book.
18. If named queen, must be on time for all appointments. We
will work with you on what appointments you will be able to attend.
19. A contestant must be of good moral character, never convicted
of a crime and shall posses poise, personality, intelligence and charm.
20. No cameras of any kind, video or photo camera allowed in the building.
No Cell Phones, Beepers, or electronics allowed in the building. We will have a Videographer and a photographer at the
pageant for your convenience.
21. Make all checks payable to the Bacon County Forestry Scholarship
Pageant and mail it to: 678 Catherine Street, Jesup Ga 31545.
22. If you should be named queen of local Forestry Pageant, the Director
will give you state packets on the night you win. These state packets are to be turned into the local Director no later
than 3 weeks after the date you win your local pageant or April 1 whichever comes first. Motel reservations should be
made at the Holiday Inn (Tifton) no later than May 1, 2008. Call Holiday Inn and tell them you are with the Miss Georgia
Forestry State Pageant when making reservations to get the special rate.
23. A $40.00 service charge will be charged for any returned checks.
Checks not picked up within 30 days will be turned over to a collections agency at your expense.
24. No food or Drinks in the Auditorium.
25. Should there be a problem of any kind during the pageant or related
events the contestant is to go to one of the directors. Any unruly, unsportsmanlike or any unbecoming conduct by a contestant
or any member of her entourage or any disregard for the rules and regulations of this pageant could result in immediate dismissal
from further competition without refund. Depending upon the severity of the action or behavior, it could result in a
permanent barrier from future competition of the Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant. If you should lose your forestry title,
you will not be allowed to ever compete in a Local or State Forestry Pageant again! If a queen loses her title, she will have
to return all prizes including but not limited to crown, banner, trophy, gifts and scholarships.
26. Baby, Teeny, Tiny, Little and Junior will be scored a 1 to 10 on personality,
beauty, poise, gown and overall appearance.
27. Teen and Miss will be scored 50 pts on a five minute interview,
25 pts on a one minute speech, 25 pts on evening gown and 15 pts on an onstage question.. Interview will be five minutes
and speech will be one minute.
28. State Queens cannot compete in any Local Pageant until they change
age divisions. Miss Queens can compete in a local pageant where they attend college work, or attend school, or if there
is no county pageant, they can be the first to enter to come to state or the first to represent their college. It is
up to each local director whether they choose to allow a local queen to compete again in the same age group as long as they
don't compete the same year they relinquish their title and as long as they have not won state in the same age division.
29. If a Local Queen wins State Forestry, she shall be able to keep
her local title and any prizes form the local pageant that would be coming to her and she shall represent the state only!
30. No soliciting of any kind is allowed at any Local Forestry Pageant.
Leave all solicitations at home. We are non-profit and cannot promote any business! This means no passing out
of applications, materials and so forth.
31. If any Queen does not attend State Competition after their entry
fees have been paid by the Director/Bacon County Forestry Pageant. That Queen/Family will be responsible for refunding
the Director their FULL entry fees paid to State within 2 weeks after telling the Director that they will not be attending.
$175.00 (Miss), $150 (Teen), $125 (Teeny through Junior). The Director may also opt to take the 1st Alternate in that
Division to State and ask for the Queens' prizes back, depending on the circumstances for the Queen not going to State
If we can assist you in any way, please call Debi Smith at 912-530-8589.
I look forward to having you join me for the fun and excitement. Debi
Please print out and keep a copy for your record and sign a copy and return
it with your application.
A Copy of the Rules Sheet must accompany your application for us to accept